Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Adoration: Favorite Eucharistic Hymns (Pauline Books and Media)

The Daughters of St. Paul are a group of religious women who have dedicated themselves to sharing the love of Christ with the world through the use of media. If you look at their catalog and the amount of books they publish every year, it is clear that they are succeeding in their mission and vocation. I have been reviewing their books for four years, and they have books for Catholics of all ages. What I did not know about them, though, was that they had a very successful choir as well. Today, I would like to tell you about their latest CD - Adoration: Favorite Eucharistic Hymns.

Adoration is a two-disc album that previously sold 50,000+ copies as cassette. It contains 31 hymns, both instrumental and sung, in both English and Latin. Some of the songs from this album include, "I am the Bread of Life," "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire," "Here I Am, Lord," and "What Wondrous Love." Also included with this album is an online supplement the provides two hours of adoration - one entitled "Jesus the Good Shepherd," and the other "I Am With You." These provide you with prayers, readings, reflections, and tell you what tracks you can play from the album to line up with the holy hour.

The hymns are expertly picked and beautifully sung, displaying both their melodic voices and great love for Jesus. At the moment, I have only listened to this album in my car and not in the presence of our Lord. However, if you are like me and struggle in Eucharistic Adoration, you should consider getting a copy and transferring it to an iPod or something so that it is readily available to you. I think this album is perfect for Pastors, Directors of Religious Education, Retreat Leaders, and Catechists, as they can use it as a useful tool/resource. Even if you don't possess one of these titles, you will still enjoy the album and find it spiritually beneficial.

This CD was provided to me for free by Pauline Books and Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment