Sixes. Sixes is game six of the E-G-G series. The game is designed for 2+ players, age 6+. It takes approximately 25 minutes to play and retails for $12.
Setup and Game Play
1. Give each play a list sheet.
2. Create three stacks of cards - Match, Unique, and Lightning.
3. Rounds 1 and 4 are Match. Rounds 2 and 5 are Unique. Rounds 3 and 6 are Lightning.
4. Read the card aloud and place it in the middle of the playing area so everyone can easily see it.
5. Start a one minute timer.
6. Players write down six things on their List sheet in the appropriate round.
1. In the Match round, you score one point for each items that matches an item on an opponent's sheet. If a player matches all six items, they score one bonus point.
2. In the Unique round, you score one point for each unique item that is not on an opponent's sheet. If a player has six unique items, they score one bonus point.
3. In the Lightning round, players write down one item for each of the six individual categories. The goal is to match in each category, and again a bonus point is awarded if you match all six.
4. The player with the most points after six rounds is the winner.
The game feels a lot like Scattegories with the major difference being that you don't have to use the same letter for each answer you write down. It plays quickly with little to no learning curve, and kids can play this as well as adults. The reason for this you are not trying to come up with the best answer, just the ones that will match or not match (depending on the round) your opponents. Therefore, you really are playing your group. I found the game to be a nice little filler that was perfect to play after holiday dinner with the whole family, and will add it to my rotation of games to play with non-gamers.
This game was provided to provided to me for free by Eagle-Gryphon Games.