Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Blog changes for the coming year

These first three months blogging for me have been a struggle. When you first start a blog, or any task for that matter, you experience highs and lows. With this blog, I have been trying to establish my place in the blogging world and figure out exactly what I want to say with my voice. When I began this endeavor, I believe I bit off a little more than I can chew. I tried posting on Book Reviews, Bible Studies, and Catechist Lessons. While all are in the Catholic theme, I believe I would do better to focus my efforts on one of these topics at the time.

So I have decided I will be focusing primarily on book reviews for the time being. There are plenty of great blogs and websites out there that have Bible Studies, like Agape Bible Study, and Catechist lessons, like Catechist's Journey. That is not to say that there aren't great Catholic Book Review blogs and sites out there, but I am going to double my efforts to become one of, if not THE, best Catholic Book Reviewer. So that is where I am putting the focus of this blog for the time being.

With these changes comes a change in my posting schedule. I used to post Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. For the near future, I will now be posting on Monday and Thursday instead. I had hopes of posting reviews for both Catholic and Orthodox books, but until I find an Orthodox publisher willing to send me books to review, I will be posting primarily Catholic book reviews. To my Orthodox readers, I apologize for not having more books to review for you. Do not fret though. I might occasionally sprinkle in an Orthodox one from my own collection.

If you are a Catholic or Orthodox publisher and would like me to review your books, there is a contact me link on the top left side of the home page. To my readers, if you find my reviews helpful, then please visit my Amazon page, hit the comment button for the specific review, and then hit the Yes button if you found the review helpful. Also, If you have a book you would like reviewed, you may also contact me the same way mentioned above. If I have the book in my collection, I will read it and review it for you. There's a good chance I might have the book. My library is huge and ever growing.

Lastly, I would like to say thanks to all the people who have helped me with this site. I would first like to thank my wife for supporting me in this endeavor and putting up with the seemingly never ending packages of books that show up on our porch. Next, I would like to thank the publishers who have sent me and keep sending me books to review. Last, but not least, I would like to thank my readers, be they one-timers or faithful ones who read everyday. You are a big reason this blog has been a success so far, and will continue to be the reason this blog is successful. So thank you one and all. I'll see you tomorrow for my review of Exploring Advent with Luke.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Stuart, I will really enjoy reading your reviews in the New Year (and now of course). :)

    A reader recently commented on 'Spiritual Direction called Navigating the Interior Life' by Dan Burke. Have you heard of it? Perhaps you could review that one at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply. Not sure that one is in my library, but I might look into getting it. Thanks for positive feedback, and book suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete