Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meet the "Single Catholic Girl"


Welcome back to Stuart’s Study. I said in my about me before that I would like to eventually write a book about personal finance with a Catholic perspective. While, I have yet to post on my blog about the subject, Molly, another Catholic blogger, was gracious enough to let me write a guest post (click here) on her blog SingleCatholicGirl.com. Each Tuesday, Molly posts on different topics with 5 key points, and I got to write today's on budgeting. To tie in with her post and lead people over to her site, I decided it would be fun to interview her by asking only 5 questions.

1. If you had to summarize yourself in 5 words what would it be?
Goes where the wind blows. (see John 3:8)

2. What’s your ultimate dream/ambition for your life?
Heaven.

3. If you could meet one Catholic saint from any period of time, who would it be and why?
St. Peter, I feel connected to him; denying Christ, little faith, trying to reach Him by walking on water-but falling, I get that. For someone who walked so closely to Jesus and yet had doubt, I think is really prevalent in our culture right now. I know it is for me. Plus I would love to get some good fishing tips from the guy.


4. What’s one big (or little) thing you are doing in this Year of Faith to deepen your faith?
Pilgrimages-Shrine in Wisconsin, other various places in the States, Rome, maybe the Holy Land? I also would like to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy more this year. Such a beautiful prayer and so needed for our world.


5. As a Single Catholic Girl, what is one piece of advice you would give to other Single Catholic Girls (or Guys)?
Rest in His most Sacred Heart. This is where you will find peace, solace, comfort and hope. It's all about drawing closer to Him.

Well, that’s all the questions I have for Molly. Check out my guest post on her blog today, and be sure to add her blog (SingleCatholicGirl.com) to your reading list so that you can check it out daily. She's got some great advice for everyone, be they single or married, male or female. She also has a cool contest/giveaway the first Thursday of every month! Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment