Greedy Claw Crane Game. is a game for 2-5 players, ages 8+. It takes about 30 minutes to play and will be on Kickstarter later this year.
1. Give each player a hidden objective card.
2. Grab four random toys, placing them in a stack. Do this three more times to make a 2 x 2 grid.
3. Create stacks of three toys, surrounding the 2 x 2 grid to make a 4 x 4 grid.
4. Finally, create single stacks of toys surrounding the 4 x 4 grid to make a 6 x 6 grid.
5. Pick a corner and roll one die. Move the pawn (the claw) up that many spaces on the grid. Roll another die, and move the pawn that many spaces right. Repeat this using all six dice to get the claw's starting location.
The game has elements/mechanics of other games I love. There's dice-chucking, press your luck, set-collection, and a little bit of programming. The game itself is easy to teach and learn. It also plays pretty quickly at 2-3 players, but can slow down at 4 and 5. The only really slow/fiddly part of the game is setting up the game and all the prize tokens in the grid. Even though, I was only provided a prototype of the game, the art comes through in capturing the theme. The toys are cute and quirky.The only thing I would change is the background on the tokens, as it can be a bit distracting/busy. That complaint aside, this is a game that would be fun for the whole family. I look forward to seeing how the game components improve and what variability is added as well.